Anyway, My Two Cents


One day you're here, a senior in high school, in the only world you've ever known, and the next day...you're PLUNKED down, willy-nilly, into a world of others. And, you don't have time to even think about it, because you're too busy trying to find your way in this new world, where you know no one. You're thankful you speak the same language, but there are differences...you acclimate.

That was my reality, and a move transported me, physically, to that "world of others," 600 miles away. There was no social media then, and for me, it would have been a good thing. The distance between my two worlds, could have been bridged much easier by social media, than by keeping in touch, via long-distance phone calls, and letters delivered by the postman.

SO, does that make me a hypocrite, when I come out against social media for kids? Maybe, but everyone's reality is different, and I don't believe they belong in a world that can expose them to anything and everything, while sitting alone in their bedrooms...with the door closed.

Simply put, bridging a gap is one thing, but too many bridges to too many places, is another. Anyway, my two cents.

Comments