Social workers should be considered to be sent, to try to calm domestic situations, as opposed to sending the police. I honestly don't know if this has happened anywhere, but do know that it's definitely been considered over the last few years. If a situation is volatile enough that someone needs to run interference, a defenseless social worker is preferable over someone with authority, and the ability to protect themselves and others, if necessary?
I've come up with something else to consider, and it may not be as cost effective, but it makes about the same amount of sense. SO, here goes...
If we eliminated Friday and Saturday, granted, there would be no TGIF, but we'd be eliminating the nights of the two days of the week, when the police are most needed. (Are you following me?)
Definitely, we keep Sunday, as it's not a troublesome day, and make Monday, our other day of relaxation. (Notice, I shortened the work week?) Nobody likes Monday anyway, so people will be bored, and just sit around bemoaning Tuesday, the start of another work week.
So, in summation, if we want to defund the police with minimal forethought, I can't think of anything that would make a transition to less crime easier, than just to eliminate the troublesome Fridays and Saturdays.
You say ridiculous, and it makes no sense? I say, which part.
(BTW, no logic applied here...to ANY of the above).

Comments
Post a Comment