That Cupboard Above The Fridge


Every now and then, whether it needs it or not, the top of the fridge gets some attention. When it does, I seldom give a thought to that dreaded little cupboard above it. I mean, it's a nice small space for something, but I've never been able to figure out what that something is.

So, basically, I just let my husband own this cupboard, and stuff it with screws, and batteries, and spackle; along with long forgotten beer steins, lots of glue, an almost empty container of something, and I think there's some tape in there. The papers that are in the corner were probably put there a couple of decades ago, because they were important enough to save, I guess. I doubt they've been looked at, since.

This cupboard, obviously, gets no respect. I feel like organizing it, and changing it up, but then, where does all this stuff go?  And, I can't reach it unless I stand on a chair, which isn't smart with a recovering broken ankle. Maybe I'll give it more thought, the next time I dust the top of the fridge. My ankle should be good and healed by then.


Comments