Those Who Call The Pasture Home

 The Boss

Oooh, this pretty girl is thinkin' something. Her look is a little haughty...a little protective; and her flared nostrils may be a challenge, or disdain....I don't pretend to know which.  I don't know if she's the appointed spokesbovine for this little herd, but she seems to taking the lead, and assuming that role. Something's on her mind...

  Herd Mentality

They're enjoying this beautiful Sunday afternoon...the heat of summer behind them, and the promise of autumn just around the corner...comfortable days, and cool, crisp nights for sleeping...perfection.  I hope they're happy with their passive roles in this little family...life can be easier when you choose to follow the herd.

 The Matriarch

I fell in love with "The Matriarch." She's the leader of the generations, here, and she won my heart immediately. She looks tired. Her knees are a little more grass-stained than the others...maybe she needs her afternoon naps.  

How can you not love a drive through the countryside? Some people say there's nothing to see...it's boring. Really? The country is one of my favorite rides...you can all keep the highways, as far as I'm concerned. Give me a back road, a sunny afternoon, a complete lack of pretense, and a little encounter with those who call the pasture home...a perfect, perfect, afternoon, in my book.

Comments