Calm Down....This Can't Be Our Reality



As I approach the local train station, I wonder how it has come to this? After I adjust my plastic-covered stadium cushion to fit in the chair with the least amount of snow, I'm thankful I arrived early enough, to even get a chair. They removed a bunch of chairs, and we've been told to keep the remaining chairs at least six feet apart. In addition to all of that, we're told we must wear masks, so as to not accidentally spit at, breathe on, or cough all over any of our fellow passengers. I agree, and comply.

As you can see, there are rebels in our group awaiting the train, who will be damned if they're going to sit six feet away from anyone, let alone wear a mask. Out of defiance, they push the chairs close together, and complain that no one is going to tell them where to sit. 

I then laugh, and tell myself that this is just a dream...calm down. There's no way any of this could be our reality. 


Comments