Instantly, I Loved Her




Instantly, I loved her. I did. I wanted to tell her that her coat was beautiful, and not to be self-conscious about her knees. And, that I hoped she could find a nice, shady spot for an afternoon nap, as she looked tired. I really couldn't tell if her look was that of disdain, appreciation, or an eye-roll. Most likely, it was a "Be on your way...let me be," kind of thing. 

I hope she knows that she's important, appreciated, and that she's a part of what makes "flyover country" such an integral part of our nation. "Flyover country"... a slang term, used by many, that shows little regard for what lies in between. If you notice, I'm not capitalizing the term. Imagine what a map would look like without it. Granted, it wouldn't take as long to fly from one coast to the other, but would the country be better off without "flyover country." Nope. A very emphatic, "Nope."

And, yes, I do tend to anthropomorphize animals, cities, mountains, etc., to make a point. For my purposes, though, I think it works.

Comments