Taped It to The Fridge

 


Bought this book in the Milwaukee airport years ago. I mean, who doesn't love Descartes? (Well, anyway, I do).

To my point...one of his quotes spoke to me, decades ago...so much so, that I typed it up on my manual Royal typewriter, cut it out, and taped it to the fridge. I think of this quote regularly, as there's always discord, somewhere. WE, as a people, find it difficult to respect the opinions, views, etc., of others, if they're contrary to what WE believe. Yep. Just think about it. It covers many aspects of life...everyday life, politics, everyday life, and politics.

The quote...

"Common sense is the most fairly distributed thing in the world, for each one thinks he is so well-endowed with it that even those who are hardest to satisfy in all other matters are not in the habit of desiring more of it than they already have."

I would have added some commas if it was my quote, but then I seem to have become the queen of many commas in my later years. Not remembering all the "comma" rules, I guess. I think it's far worse to leave one out where needed, rather than insert one where it's not. 😏

So, in our valiant attempts to persuade and dissuade...lol...good luck with that!




Comments