Some phrases never go out of style, I guess. Not that phrases have "style," but you know what I mean. I just heard on television, the phrase "Chime in," and it took me back. It's a phrase that makes me giggle, still...after all these years.
I was at a sales meeting in Chicago back in the day, and whenever anyone had anything of relevance to say, it was preceded by the phrase, "Just chiming in"...with whatever it was, they were chiming in with. Could have made a game out of that. Every time someone said they were "chiming in," maybe we could have done a round of musical chairs, or taken a drink...or something. Of course that was out of the question. Just remembering trying to hide my chuckle, as was everyone else...if they weren't "chiming in" at that moment.
A memory that's never been relevant, but one I've not forgotten. Nor, I'm guessing, has anyone else in attendance at that meeting. Good times.

Comments
Post a Comment