I used to find baseball games kind of boring...still not my favorite, but what a great atmosphere! I remember, back in the day, going to Brewer games with the company I worked for, out of the Chicago region. Of course, they were all Cubbie fans, but I never got on board with that. I can't say I remember stealing glances at Bob Uecker announcing from the game...not back that long ago, but more recently...you bet. He is missed.
As far as watching coaches...that can be pretty entertaining. I can't be the only one. I remember watching Don Nelson, decades ago, when at Bucks games. Basketball...not my favorite sport, either, but it was great to see all those amazing players, play that game...in person. Don Nelson, though...to say the least, he was intense...I enjoyed that, as much as the game.
My favorite, though...Pat Murphy. I haven't been to a Brewer game in a while, so never saw him in person, but my favorite parts of watching the game, are when the camera pans to Murphy...especially if he's eating a pocket pancake.
Anyway, it looks like our first post-season games, are against the Padres. TBH, I would rather be facing the Cubs...it is what it is.

Comments
Post a Comment